VALLEY OF THE MOON WINERY borrows its name from the English translation of the Native American word Sonoma and has been at the heart of the region's winemaking heritage since its founding in 1941. Its historic winery is located on the once-prosperous Madrone Vineyard Estate, originally planted in 1863, where it thrived in the pre-prohibition era of the late 1800's and early 1900's.
Over its storied history the winery, then known as Madrone Vineyards, changed hands many times and has survived through many iterations. In 1941, the estate was sold to Italian sausage makers Enrico Parducci and Peter Domenici. The pair renamed the estate 'VALLEY OF THE MOON' in deference to its deep roots in Sonoma Valley.
Today, 150 years since its original planting, VALLEY OF THE MOON WINERY is undergoing nothing short of a momentous renaissance to finally taken its rightful place among Sonoma Valley's most celebrated wineries.
VALLEY OF THE MOON…we are Sonoma.